Last Updated on
If you want to put up a crafting business or are already in the process of putting up one, then you are here on this website looking for a printer.
Specifically, you are looking for the best printers for cricut. You are actually in the right place. In this article, we will be listing down the best cricket printer that you can get for Cricut print and cut.
- 1 Cricut Printer Comparison Table:
- 2 The 5 Best Printers For Cricut 2019
- 2.1 1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One
- 2.2 Product Description
- 2.3 2. Epson SureColor P400
- 2.4 Product Description
- 2.5 3. HP ENVY 7640 Wireless All-in-One
- 2.6 Product Description
- 2.7 4- EPSON WorkForce WF-7610
- 2.8 Product Description
- 2.9 5- HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Printer
- 2.10 Product Description
- 3 How To Choose A Printer For Cricut
Cricut Printer Comparison Table:
The 5 Best Printers For Cricut 2019
If we are talking about printers, one of the brands that immediately come to mind is HP, and rightfully so. HP has built its reputation by providing quality printers.
The OfficeJet Pro 8720 might be one of the biggest A4 inkjet multifunction peripherals on the market today. You can actually credit its size to its design. It is designed in such a way that the paper is ejected away from you into a 150-sheet tray.
In most inkjets, the paper is ejected towards you. And since we mentioned that it is a multifunction printer, the top portion is a flatbed scanner with a 50-sheet automatic document feeder. Now you can see why it is a hulking piece of equipment?
Overall though, what sets this printer apart from the rest of the competition is the beautiful color images and prints. Top that with the fact that it can handle heavier paperweights and types and you’ve got yourself a printer that is very suitable for cuts and prints.
It also has a larger capacity paper tray that can hold 250 sheets of copy paper at a time. It is also a considerably faster printer that can print 24 pages per minute for black and 20 pages per minute for color.
So, If you have a small craft business that prints out invoices, labels, instructions, and other documents, then this printer is a perfect choice.
- Main functions of this color all-in-one wireless printer (black): copy, scan, fax, wireless...
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app,...
- Up to 50% less cost per page than lasers with impressively fast print speeds, up to 24 pages per...
- Space-saving HP Print Forward Design delivers laser-like paper handling and superfast print speeds....
- Choose an ink replenishment service - Save up to 50% with HP Instant Ink or Save 10% on all reorders...
The SureColor P400 by Epson isn’t as large as the OfficeJet Pro 8720. But, it is a large-format photo printer that is able to create gallery-quality prints. This is why it is very ideal for cuts and prints. Plus, it supports a wide variety of fine-art papers. You can even use watercolor paper and canvas.
What makes the Epson SureColor P400 quite a unique photo printer is that even though it as a large-format printer and you can buy for under $1,000. Usually, printers of the same type and quality cost more. The thing about the P400 is that it is a very low end printer.
But that doesn’t mean that it is an inferior printer. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The only reason why it is less expensive is that it has one fewer ink tank. This printer is also relatively easy to setup.
Just plug it in, power it on and load the ink cartridges and you are good to go. Remember though that you have to let the P400 go through a priming process before you can start using it.
This usually takes about 6-10 minutes. While waiting for it to finish the priming process, you can start installing the driver. You can download the driver from their website.
Once you’ve downloaded it, just let it run and follow the instructions. Installation should be fairly easy if you are familiar with the process. The good thing about the P400 is that it has several connection options like the USB 2.0, Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet.
Another great selling point about this printer is that you can also print using a mobile device.
All in all, the SureColor P400 is a great photo printer that has a great balance of price, features, and performance. Plus, it produces great-looking photos which are important for a crafts business.
- Creative printing, refined.
- The versatile 13" wide-format photo printer for creative individuals.
- fine art, photographic and roll paper printing. Operating systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 75, Apple...
- Operating Temperature : 50° – 95° F (10° to 35° C)
The HP ENVY 7640 Wireless All-in-One printer is last on our list and for good reason. This is one of the most suitable printers for Cricut. The Envy 7640 is billed as an all-in-one printer because it truly does everything you want from a printer and more.
The Envy 7640 is a bigger, more technically-sophisticated multi-function printer than can produce high-quality prints. It is a large, all-black printer that features a 25-sheet automatic document feeder on top.
It also has a large, sloped acrylic control panel across the full width of the device. The document feeder is quiet when in operation. Its control panel is also quite unique because it doesn’t have any physical buttons.
It solely relies on a large 88mm touchscreen and a single-touch button to control all its functions.
The main appeal of this printer for crafters is that it is able to handle up to 110 lb. of cardstocks. Imagine being able to print beautiful photos in that amount.
Think of how much income for such a relatively inexpensive printer you can get. Aside from that, this printer also has a decent print speed of 14 pages per minute when it is printing black and 9 pages per minute when it is printing in color.
All in all, it is a well-designed and easy-to-use multifunction printer with several useful features. Plus, its handling ratio of 110 lbs of cardstocks is among the highest.
- Snap. Print. Enjoy - print photos from your smartphone or tablet in three easy steps and...
- Save up to 50% on ink with optional HP Instant Ink replacement service - the low-cost way to print...
- Help your family accomplish more with this full-featured HP ENVY e-all-in-one. Print from your...
- Use only Original HP Ink in your HP printer for great results, print after print
- This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver update may be required)
The EPSON Workforce WF-7610 is one of the most popular printers in the market today. Manufactured by a renowned and trusted brand, guaranteed that this printer can live up to your expectations.
When it comes to printer, EPSON is the name you can trust.
This printer can bring wide-format printing for better productivity. It is powered by the Epson’s newest technology called the PrecisionCore printing which can deliver Performance Beyond Laser.
It only means that with this printer, you get faster printing and print-shop-quality borderless prints up to 13 x 19-inches. Putting the cherry on top, the EPSON Workforce is efficient on ink.
It could actually lower your printing cost of up to 40%. Plus, it can actually keep track of your ink usage – thanks to Amazon Dash Replenishment feature,
One of the best additional features of this printers is that it allows you to print anywhere and anytime even your file is from an iPad, iPhone, Tablets, and other smartphones. Additionally, it also 4.3-inches color touchscreen and a rear tray that can hold 250 sheets of paper.
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson...
- Get Performance Beyond Laser - the Workforce WF-7610, powered by Precision Core
- Save time - professional -quality prints with speeds of 18 ISO ppm (black) and 10 ISO ppm (color)
- Save - up to 40 percent lower printing cost vs. color laser
- Photo-quality, wide-format prints - borderless, up to 13" x 19"
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Printer will help you get your work done like an expert. This wireless, all-in-one and wide format printer can pretty much do the printing job for you with high accuracy and precision.
Why all-in-one you might ask?
Well, simply because it can allow you to print up to 11 x 17 inches, scan, or copy any document of any size. Plus, it can help you save more money with professional-quality print services. It can also increase your productivity because it allows mobile printing. So whether your file is from your phone, then that’s no problem.
Definitely, this printer is easy to set-up, connect to your mobile device, and print everything that you need just in a nick of time using Wi-Fi or AirPrint.
When it comes to performance, you’ll be impressed by the stunning vibrant color that it produces for every print that it does. Perhaps, this features makes it one of the most powerful printers you can ever have.
- WIDE-FORMAT (11x17) PRINTER FOR THE OFFICE – Print up to 11x17, scan and copy up to legal size...
- EASILY PRINT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE – Simply connect your iOS or Android device and print using...
- PROFESSIONAL COLOR PRINTS – Print borderless brochures, flyers, posters and more with stunningly...
- OUR MOST POWERFUL PRINTING APP EVER – The HP Smart app is intuitively designed so it’s easy to...
- IDEAL FOR SMAL BUSINESSES - Print borderless, double-sided marketing materials up to 11x17...
How To Choose A Printer For Cricut
Now that you know the best printer for vinyl printing, it’s the time that you also learn how to choose the right printer, just in case you need to get another one and these three aren’t available.
Before you go out and get a printer, there are factors that you need to understand and consider. Bear in mind that there are a variety of printing papers that each have unique characteristics and printing requirements. The general rule is, the heavier paper is, the more power the printer needs.
Budget and Function – The first thing you need to set is your budget. This is the most logical step. You need to set a limit for the price so you won’t have to end up spending more than you have to.
Plus, setting a budget can also really help you narrow down your choices. You have to figure out if it has to be a craft printer only or does it need to have more capabilities like faxing, photocopying, etc.
Paperweight – Another factor to consider is that you make sure your selected printer can handle the cardstock and another paperweight you plan on using. You will usually find this information on the manual of the printer. You can usually check out the manual on the manufacturer’s website.
Paper Size – Considering the dimension of the paper you plan to use is also another important aspect when choosing a printer.
That’s because most standard printers can only print up to 8.5 X 11 or 8.5 X 14. If you plan to use wide format, you will need a printer that can handle 13″w X 19″h or 11″wX17″h.
Keep in mind that a wide format printer is considerably more expensive to use and will eat up a lot more space to the house.
Paper Feeding – This is a unique feature for printers that you should also be particular about. You have to check out the paper tray versus manual feed and tray sizes capacity. You have to ensure that the printer “folds” the cardstock as little as possible.
Remember that the internet is your friend. Apart from testing the printer itself, the best way to check if they are what they say they are is to check the manual online or watch for demo videos about those printers.
You might be interested in:
As you can see, an ordinary printer will not be able to cater to the needs of a crafts business. That’s because you will regularly have the need to print something that will require a wider piece of paper or material.
This is why these printers fit that classification. These five printers are what gives the consumer the best value for their money, either short term or in the long run.
And if you follow the guide we provided, you should have no trouble finding the best printers for Cricut explore in the future.