Last Updated on
Previously, there were handful choices of Synthetic Oils to choose among, but now there are a lot of types that may confuse you. The main goal of this article is helping you to choose The Best Synthetic Oil according to many factors.
Cars couldn’t move without high-quality motor oil. Ignoring this fact may cost you high maintenance costs or losing your engine. Using such ordinary oil may damage your car. You should use the synthetic oil that got approval from certified or trustworthy manufacturers and of course SAE (the Society of Automotive Engineers). I mean the honest recommendations, not the commercial agreement between brands.
You may be interested in The 7 Best Synthetic Oil 2019
- 1 The Top 7 Synthetic Oils 2019
- 1.2 1. Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil:
- 1.3 2. Shell Rotella (550019921) T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic:
- 1.4 Product Description
- 1.5 3. Valvoline MaxLife SAE 5W-30 High Mileage Motor Oil:
- 1.6 4. Pennzoil 550038331 Ultra Platinum 10W-30:
- 1.7 5. Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30:
- 1.8 6. Royal Purple 51530 API-Licensed SAE 5W-30:
- 1.9 Product Description
- 1.10 7. MAG1 61794-pk6 Full Synthetic 0W-20 SN Motor Oil:
The Top 7 Synthetic Oils 2019
Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Valvoline MaxLife SAE 5W-30 High Mileage Motor Oil
Pennzoil 550038331 Ultra Platinum 10W-30
Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30
MAG1 61794-pk6 Full Synthetic 0W-20 SN Motor Oil
Is there a fixed criterion to know the best synthetic oil?
Actually, you can’t determine what the best is unless you make tests. You have to do a lot of tests, in fact. Scientific tests uncover the myth of commercials. So, it will be clear to you to know the wheat from the chaff. Here, I collect a package of The 7 Best Synthetic Oils that are well tested and got more than 4 stars customer reviews on Amazon.
1. Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil:
Mobil 1 is a 106 years old company. This reputation deserves a certain level of quality. Think about such synthetic motor oil like Mobil1 94001 5W-30 that offers these benefits:
- Mobil1 5W-30 is the most wide-range uses: This oil is the most widespread synthetic oil. It works with all modern vehicles include pickup, turbocharged, small vans, passenger cars, trucks and compact cars. It is preferred at all of previous as a high-performance engine.
- Mobil1 5W-30 Works in Any Environment and Weather: Mobil1 has a versatility that works in both cold and hot atmosphere.
- It is the Best for General Motor Cars: General Motor recommends Mobil1 5W-30 for its cars in cold places in the United States. Mobil1 has the best viscosity for GM cars.
- Long time to change the Oil: According to Amazon’s customer reviews, Mobil1 5W-30 doesn’t need to be changed as frequent as other types of synthetic motor oils.
- High protection from Suspend Solids: Are you worried about sludge? With Mobil1, don’t worry about such a thing. It protects you from all harmful solids.
- It Saves Money: If you check this offer (link above) you will touch that it provides 1 Quart (Pack of 6), and this offer saves a lot of money.
- Amazon Customer Reviews: Mobil1 5W-30 got 4.8 stars 596 customer reviews (86% of them are 5 stars evaluation).
Personally, I recommend this choice. Mobil’s reputation protects my car and I trust Mobil’s quality. But although this high quality, it is not recommended for 2-cycle engines. It is perfect for cars only.
Also, it looks like that Mobil1 5W-30 is better in cold environment more than hot. Anyway, it’s acceptable compared with the wide range of use.
Shell is another deep-rooted company. Shell Rotella is the second in this list and I think it will be the second choice if you don’t like Mobil.
Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 is a high protection synthetic oil. It designed basically to give your engine the utmost protection ever. It is the hard work synthetic oil that works under any condition (dusty, muddy, steep and cold environments).
So, we can summarize the benefits of Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 as follow:
- Extreme Temperatures Fighter: Rotella T6 works under the extremely high and low temperatures. Imagine a temperature as cold as -30F or hot as 400F with T6. Don’t worry, as I mentioned above: It is the hard work synthetic oil and the flow of the Shell oil isn’t affected by high/low temperature whatever it is.
- It can work well with some motorcycle models: Mobil1 doesn’t work completely with a motorcycle but Rotella T6 is compatible with some models. So, it’s recommended to check your motorcycle engine compatibility with Shell Rotella T6 oil before buying it.
- Shell Rotella T6 is Fully Synthetic Oil: It’s not made from carbon petroleum products. So, it is fully synthetic. This benefit reflects the flexibility of such oil, that it can be adjusted according to any condition without reducing the level of performance.
But the last note you should put in mind if you work in the field of construction. Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic Oil is not suitable for gear motors. T6 is very thinner oil compared with the thickness that these motors require.
3. Valvoline MaxLife SAE 5W-30 High Mileage Motor Oil:
Comparing with previous two giants, Valvoline is the third giant company with over than 150 years of experience. So, it works hard to take her position in the synthetic oil market.
Mileage MaxLife deserves its name. Valvoline’s challenge is: For Engines Over 75,000 Miles. It’s easy to talk about your quality but Mileage is actually designed for high mileage engines.
Valvoline MaxLife is synthetic blend oil. It provides high performance for highly mileage both new and rebuilt engines. Also, it has extra wear protection that helps prevent engine wear.
Moreover, it’s cheaper than previous options in this article. Valvoline MaxLife got 4.9 starts of customers review on Amazon (61 total) 87% of them are 5 stars rating.
4. Pennzoil 550038331 Ultra Platinum 10W-30:
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 10W-30 is the mix of oil that combines the high-performance additives with PurePlus synthetic oils (PurePlus Technology is raised by Pennzoil).
Pennzoil synthetic oil is designed basically to have the lower viscosity at extremely lower temperatures (-13F to -40F). This helps the engine to do less effort to pump the oil at different temperatures.
Pennzoil protects your engine because it prevents the loss of power, though it works perfectly in different hard environments such as dusty, muddy road, heavy load, unpaved road, or even frequent short trips.
Finally, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 10W-30 oil got 4.8 stars on Amazon customer reviews (417 customers), 88% of them are 5 stars for evaluation.
5. Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30:
Castrol EDGE Extended Performance is fully synthetic oil that is designed for hard work. It can work for 15,000 before the next change of oil.
Castrol EDGE Extended Performance has many benefits in both formation and performance as follow:
- High Protection Fully Synthetic Oil: Its titanium additive provides incomparable wear protection for your engine.
- Viscosity Stability: Whatever the force of your engine, Castrol EDGE viscosity is stable.
- The ability to deal with different environments: Castrol EDGE protects your engine in different conditions. It keeps its viscosity at extremely high and low temperature in muddy or dusty environments.
Castrol 5W-30 got 4.7 stars on Amazon Customer Reviews (118 Customers), 88% of them are 5 stars. Also, Castrol 5W-30 is the synthetic oil that is recommended by BMW (Customer review).
I think Royal Purple 5W-30 has a distinctive feature that is not in the others; it is completely made in the USA (Actually, 95% and 5% is out of USA raw material).
Royal Purple SAE 5W-30 has another distinctive feature; it currently ranks Number 11 on Amazon’s online reviews that made by customers.
Royal Purple SAE 5W-30 benefits:
- Efficient for extending engine life: The high quality of such synthetic oil decreases the friction between metals in your engine. This reduces the consumption of fuel and of course will maximize your engine efficiency and save it for a long time.
- It is perfect for older engines: Old engines have a good chance with Royal Purple SAE 5W-30. This requires the old engine be in good condition and upgrade it in two short intervals (3,000 miles each).
- It is compatible with any synthetic oil: This feature is unique. It enables you to switch to Royal Purple without specific procedures.
Royal Purple SAE 5W-30 is the highly recommended synthetic oil on Amazon by customers with rank No. 11 and 4.8 stars evaluation.
7. MAG1 61794-pk6 Full Synthetic 0W-20 SN Motor Oil:
MAG1 Full Synthetic Oil is not made from crude oil. It reduces the engine wear by 56% versus standard oil meeting ILSAC GF-4/SN.
MAG1 is highly recommended for Chrysler, Honda, Ford and Toyota cars, and meets their subzero specifications.
It is an excellent resistance to wear at different temperatures (cold and hot). MAG1 comes with ZDDP additives that protect your engine.
MAG1 got 4.6 stars on customer reviews on Amazon (94 customers) and 80% of them are 5 stars.
Well, I finished my review of The 7 Best Synthetic Oils that are currently in the American Market. This review will help you choose from different types and brands in this market. Read it again, and choose the suitable synthetic oil for your engine.
If you recommend a particular type of Synthetic oil (that is not on this list), please tell us about it to add in this guide.