- 1 What is FeiyuTech Company?
- 2 Why Should I Buy Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal?
- 3 The Main Features and benefits of Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
- 4 Other Posts You Might Like
Doing right job needs right and perfect tools, so talking about Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro Cameras is necessary for professionals (or even newbies) who want stable and high quality video capturing.
Feiyu G4 is the right choice for both amateurs and professionals. So, whatever your situation is, it is suitable for you. The G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal gives you unlimited ability to capture stabilized, free-floating shots with your GoPro whatever it is: it included HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4, or even any other action camera.
What is FeiyuTech Company?
FeiyuTech Company is a 10 years company that is specialized in producing and selling smart GoPro camera gimbals. It is A Chinese Company. Its reputation in the gimbals market is good, or at least acceptable.
These products convert shooting amateurs into professional directors with just a good smartphone camera.
Its products are not expensive. It starts from a couple of hundreds of dollars with a big variety of gimbal specifications.
Why Should I Buy Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal?
I don’t know exactly your personal intent about buying Feiyu G4 or what your profession is (Youtuber, Director, Video Maker, etc.) but I know exactly the difference between owning such a smart tool and not owning it.
To feel this difference, you have to shoot a short movie with your smartphone. I will not specify a particular scenario for you. Choose your favorite. There is the one only condition: It should be an action movie. Shoot your friends riding bicycles and you are beside them on yours. Shoot yourself when you are walking in the street or riding a horse.
Then come back and shoot again using Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal. So, next time you see impossible movements – to capture – on the white screen, don’t be surprised. It had been captured by a gimbal, like this one.
You have to see their FY-G4 Handheld Gimbal official promotional video that is captured by Feiyu G4:
Why should I own a smart gimbal?
If you want to shoot like professional directors, and make your own movies you have to try G4. The smooth gimbal gives you high quality capturing with steady stabilizer bar.
G4 comes with 4 different modes to choose among. Choose your favorite and shoot again.
Simply, G4 looks like an amazing selfie stick with many great options. Imagine yourself while you are skydiving and recording the unforgettable moments.
The Main Features and benefits of Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
G4 comes with many features and benefits as:
- High Stability: The latest G4 is a solid performing stabilizer gimbal that allows you steady capturing on crazy objects like skateboarding, biking, or skiing. It gives you a stable vision of high-performance movie making cameras.
- Compatibility: G4 is compatible with GoPro HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4 cameras. Of course, it works with other sports or action cameras but with a similar size. Generally, it works with similarly action cameras that are between 1.3 and 1.8 inches tall.
- 3-Axis Powered Gimbal: Does it sound good? It means this gimbal is available to move everywhere: up and down, forward and backward, right and left.
- You can Adjust Manually: Although it works perfectly and stable, you can adjust the direction of capturing manually and the G4 still move smoothly everywhere. (it is a new feature, by the way)
- 4 Different Modes: The Tech G4 comes with 4 operating position modes that allow you an incredible experience. The modes are:
- Heading Follow Mode: You got it by a single press on the handle unique button. In this mode, the camera will stay facing forward whatever your movement or position is.
- Heading in Pitch Follow Mode: In this mode, you could follow like the first mode beside you can adjust the angle of the pitch if you single press the button again. Here the pitch angle will be locked, then you can control the direction of your GoPro camera using your hand (up and down). The pitch angle will be locked. You have to double press to the button again to return to the heading and pitch follow mode.
- Lock Mode: This mode will keep your GoPro camera pointed in whichever direction you set regardless of the gimbal orientation.
- Inversion Mode: You have to click the single button three quick clicks to enter the inversion mode. This mode allows your camera to rotate upside down and can be used to get those low angle shots.
- Standby Mode: By clicking on the single button for a few seconds, you enter the Standby Mode. This mode is new in G4. Standby Mode allows you to turn the brushless motor off without having to turn the gimbal off. This mode saves battery life and gives you instant access to your gimbal simply. If you want to exit the Standby Mode, click the button and hold a few time seconds again, and the battery will pop back to life to use it with one of the favorite above modes.
- One Button Control: G4 looks great to do the whole previous tasks with just one button. Personally, I like that. But sometimes it has side effects, as we will explain further.
- Spare Power Bank for Your GoPro Camera: If your GoPro Camera battery is going to die, The Feiyu Tech G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal will give your camera the kiss of life. Of course, it will not recharge your professional GoPro completely, but at least it will be a powerful assistant to complete your journey, task, or required video.
- No Wires, No Screws: Are you worried about wires? Or about using screws too much? The Feiyu G4-QD is smoothly clamping and unclamping easily and quickly. So, you can add an LCD backpack to your GoPro camera, and more extensions like Xiaomi Yi.
- Easy to Carry, Easy to Control: G4 weight is just 1 pound. After adding the 4 – 5 ounces GoPro camera, the total weight will be nothing in the journey of capturing.
- Feiyu G4-QD: QD is the abbreviation of Quick Dismantling. G4 refers to the quick inserting and removing any GoPro camera. G4 eliminates the hassle of losing screws. This speeds up the using of the camera for emergency moments.
- Go Wireless: There are no visible wires that may disturb you. Using the new Feiyu G4-QD you needn’t wires anymore. The G4-QD is one of the nicest, cleanest, and most advanced handheld gimbal ever seen.
- Rechargeable Batteries: Feiyu Tech G4 comes with 4 rechargeable batteries. G4 requires just 2 batteries to work and of course 2 in demand. This means you will always have extra power to finish your video shooting.
G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro Pros
- 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
- 4 + 1 bonus gimbal modes (standby mode)
- 320 Degree Pan/Tilt Rotation, 100 Degree Roll Rotation
- 4 rechargeable batteries (2 for working and 2 spares)
- Compatible with HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Capable to add and use selfie stick
- Capable to add and use remote control
- One button control
- Accommodates LCD Touch Backpack
- Easy to control
- G4 Gimbal price is affordable
G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro Cons
- One button control (I know that I mentioned it as an advantage, but some users got confused by using just a single button for many functions. Also, if it damaged by accident, Feiyu G4 gimbal may not work well).
- Feiyu G4 works with Windows 8 version only. (No Windows 10 or Mac compatibility)
- G4 Software setup needs many steps that may confuse users. Plus, the software update takes a bit of time.
- The G4 Gimbal’s instruction manual is not good English translated. It sounds like a lack of care from the Chinese company for the perfect translation.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
Final Words about G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro reviews
G4 Gimbal is a great experience to own such a gimbal with the whole previous benefits. You will touch the difference when you shoot a single video using the G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro and comparing g4 with another video that captured by your mobile camera or even professional camera, but without the g4 gimbal.
Also, you can check the experiments of users and their videos that they shared on YouTube.